We are going to have to make a decesion very soon

Doesn?t fit in any of the other catagories? Post it here.

Moderator: ShiningSquirrel

ShiningSquirrel
Site Admin
Site Admin
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę

We are going to have to make a decesion very soon

Post by ShiningSquirrel »

As you know, none of us run the 3355 patch due to the crashing it causes.
This is also why we do not use it on our server.
In thier infinite wisdom, the anticheat programmers and epic games have decided that if you do not upgrade to that version, you will not be able to play on any servers.
I cannot upgrade the holodeck and keep it in it's current configuration.

I cannot upgrade to the newest anticheat software on the holodeck due to this problem.

We have a few choices.

We can run the holodeck without anticheat.
It will have to ramain an invasion only server from that point on and will never be able to run any competative game types.

I can upgrade the SF servers to the new anticheat, but this means anyone using an older version of the game will not be able to connect and will in fact be kicked automatically if they try.

We can just leave things as they are. One way or the other, if you intend to play on any servers other then our own, you will be forced to upgrade to the new version.

Epic is working on a newer patch as we speak, but that may or may not fix the problem.

I have access to a beta of the new patch.
If any of you would like to volunter to test it I can backup the holodeck and install it there and see what happens.

If you would like to try it, please PM me and I will forward you a link to it.

Meanwhile, please think about what you would like to do with our servers in the future.
ImageImage

Puppy_Chow
Elite TrailBlazer
Elite TrailBlazer

Re: We are going to have to make a decesion very soon

Post by Puppy_Chow »

i think wat we should do is keep everything the same for rihgt now but when it comes time where they make that we all upgrade and i am currently upgraded and i dont have any problems when ever i play

Damitman911
The Game Master
The Game Master

Post by Damitman911 »

The Damit Family dose not play any where but the GDz severs.
We will be glad to go with the flow. If we update our com with the 3355 patch and the holodeck is left as is will we still be able to play on it with the old patch on the holodeck.

ShiningSquirrel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ShiningSquirrel »

[quote="Damitman911";p="923"]The Damit Family dose not play any where but the GDz severs.
We will be glad to go with the flow. If we update our com with the 3355 patch and the holodeck is left as is will we still be able to play on it with the old patch on the holodeck.[/quote]

Absolutly.
The holodeck would still be compatible with all versions.
ImageImage

dahaka
Family Pet
Family Pet

Post by dahaka »

:shock: :shock: :( :cry: ive had 3355 when i first got to the holodeck...lost connection like every 5 min...it waz rediculous so i got 3339 it did awesome,no loss of connection or anythng...and now theyre doin this?! NOT COOL!!! but if i must i will get it again or w/e they give us later on...

sql_parse
Mongrel
Mongrel

Post by sql_parse »

What ever works best for you SS and the servers. I'll go with the flow.....
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Take the Hecatomb™ TCG What Is Your Doom? quiz.

Click Here Visit My Picture Social