Guild Wars Screenshots

Doesn?t fit in any of the other catagories? Post it here.

Moderator: ShiningSquirrel

ShiningSquirrel
Site Admin
Site Admin
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę

Guild Wars Screenshots

Post by ShiningSquirrel »

OK guys, I need these.

I want EVERYONE to take some GOOD screenshots of thier in game chars.
I'm talking about "beauty" shots that show off thier appearance as best as you can. Also, these should be full body shots if possibe, or even action shots if you can get good ones. To make it easy, you can even give me shots from the char select screen when you sighn in, those would be fine.
When taking the screenies, use the shift + Print Screen keys to hide the interface.
I don't need all of them, just your favorites and also a list of the titles they have earned so far and thier professions.
This is for a very special project!

Also, I am looking for in game screenshots showing scenery that shows off the real graphic quality of the game. If you see an area that you think is beautiful for any reason, take a screenie of it. I would prefer no players or NPCs in it if you can help it, so just zoom all the way in and use the shift + print screen trick to take it. Please also include which chapter the screenshot is from.
Again, this is for another very special project I am working on and all who contribute to it will be given credit in the finished product before it is released.

E-mail any screenies to me as you get them rather then post them.

Also, these need to be bitmaps, so you should change your settings to save them as such.
* Go to your Guild Wars shortcut
* Right Click
* choose "Properties"
* On the line "Target" type the command -bmp at the end of the string.
* It may look something like this: "C:\Program Files\Guild Wars\Gw.exe" -bmp after you've done that.
* From now on, your images will be saved as Bitmaps.
If you have some in other formats I can still take them also, but the bitmaps are much better quality.

I would GREATLY appeciate any and all help I can get on this.
ImageImage

Damitman911
The Game Master
The Game Master

Re: Guild Wars Screenshots

Post by Damitman911 »

SS There is one big problem with this. Your email box is to small to except the bmp, or jpeg's. every thing I send you get kicked backed to me. :cry: :oops: :x :shock: :( :twisted:

ShiningSquirrel
Site Admin
Site Admin

[quote="Damitman911";p="2183"]SS There is one big problem with this. Your email box is to small to except the bmp, or jpeg's. every thing I send you get kicked backed to me. :cry: :oops: :x :shock: :( :twisted:[/quote]

That's Cox for you.
They give a 1 GB mail box but limit the size of e-mail that can be sent to it.

Use this address: shiningsquirrel@gmail.com. There is no size limit there.

Also, if sending .bmp, if you zip each one up they will reduce in size almost by half, but even with zipping it's best to only send 1 at a time as the mail servers do buck at very big files.

Also, for Dman, Libra and Freezing, you guys can alternatly upload them to your FTP folders and I can redownlod them drom there.
ImageImage

freezing_demons
Family Pet
Family Pet

Post by freezing_demons »

ok ill start doing that any sizes you what us to go with?

ShiningSquirrel
Site Admin
Site Admin

[quote="freezing_demons";p="2186"]ok ill start doing that any sizes you what us to go with?[/quote]

Whatever your screen size is set to is fine.
I will cropping them all to 2 different sizes, standard and wide screen and adjusting the sizes of all to match.
For the chars, I will be cropping out the backgrounds so the bigger the better, probobly the loading screens would be best for this.
ImageImage

Libra
Agro Master
Agro Master

Post by Libra »

I put a couple of ZIP files up on shinningsquirrel.com; let me know if any of the pictures will work for what you are planning.

ShiningSquirrel
Site Admin
Site Admin

For anyone having problems sending files.
Please check out the "FTP Access" post in the members only area.
ImageImage

sql_parse
Mongrel
Mongrel

Post by sql_parse »

I have added some screen shots SS on my personel photo page at this link

http://10d-junkie.smugmug.com/Guild%20Wars

I figured if you want them you can download what you want rather than me sending you stuff you don't want or need. Everyone else is more than welcome to download or view as well. You can also check out any of my other photos if you want :)

You can also setup a RSS feed by going to:
http://10d-junkie.smugmug.com/
Click orange RSS logo at the bottom and choose what you want. This will let you know when I add new photos as I plan on getting a few more for Guild Wars.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Take the Hecatomb™ TCG What Is Your Doom? quiz.

Click Here Visit My Picture Social

ShiningSquirrel
Site Admin
Site Admin

OK guys, the dead line is fast approching.
I am going on vacation May 5th - 19th and will be working on both projects during that time.

There will still be time to submit your char shots after I return, but any in game shots for the second project will have to be submited by Friday night at the latest.

This second project is something that will be made available to the entire Guild Wars community courtsy of the {GDz}, and as stated before, any members who contribute will have a personal credit/Special Thanks added to it for all to see.

Don't be left out, if you have not sent in any screen shots, do it asap, even a single one will get you included.
ImageImage

sql_parse
Mongrel
Mongrel

Post by sql_parse »

SS is there anything in particular you are looking for? Characters , Background, Citys, etc. I may have some time tonight to log in and get you anything you need. :D
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

ShiningSquirrel
Site Admin
Site Admin

[quote="sql_parse";p="2210"]SS is there anything in particular you are looking for? Characters , Background, Citys, etc. I may have some time tonight to log in and get you anything you need. :D[/quote]

For characters, it's really what you like the best of yours.
I am going to remove the backgrounds so that wil not matter.

As for in game shots, I have plenty now, but I just wanted to give everyone a chance to get in on it and get thier name included in the credits.
ImageImage

sql_parse
Mongrel
Mongrel

Post by sql_parse »

SS One more question are you looking for full body shot, half body shot or head and shoulder shots. :)

Albert Einstein

ShiningSquirrel
Site Admin
Site Admin

[quote="sql_parse";p="2213"]SS One more question are you looking for full body shot, half body shot or head and shoulder shots. :)[/quote]

Full body shots would be best, but I can work with anything.
ImageImage