Guild Wars 2 Debut Trailer

Doesn?t fit in any of the other catagories? Post it here.

Moderator: ShiningSquirrel

Puppy_Chow
Elite TrailBlazer
Elite TrailBlazer
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę

Guild Wars 2 Debut Trailer

Post by Puppy_Chow »

OMG after how many years we actually get somehting new....i have not even watched it yet but i hope its cool...

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/guild-wars-2/11916

Note: i actually just had to edit this because i forgot to put the link lol

Damitman911
The Game Master
The Game Master

Re: Guild Wars 2 Debut Trailer

Post by Damitman911 »

Thanks for the post Puppy!
I'm not impressed by the video at all. You would think after all this time there first video would blow your mind. That was a joke. I have a feeling that this is not going to be the block buster we had hoped for. NCSoft just does not seem to get it.
For Christ Sake I could do better then that. :bglargeshocked: :bgbored: :bgmad:

Puppy_Chow
Elite TrailBlazer
Elite TrailBlazer

Post by Puppy_Chow »

I think it looks good....but thats taking into effect that we already know so much in some ways this is more a teaser trailer than an actual trailer. So as a first trailer it was to long and didnt say enough just the background lore we all already know. My bigest issue is that half the video was nothing but showing off the looks of the game wich idk but it dosent look like they upgraded anything it looks the same quality as the first game...wich is still a good quality but not enough to get a good what? 2 minutes of silence and just showing it off.

In any case this trailer has got me pumped for guild wars 2 it looks great just like the first just im still not sure about the actually storyline of the game.

mr.blood
Pup
Pup

Post by mr.blood »

Yeah, the quality didn't look like too much of an upgrade, but it might not be completely accurate. I'm not too worried about how the trailer looks. I'm worried about what they are changing in the game. Mostly how everything isn't instanced. I really like how they have the first Guild Wars set up, with the only place that you can meet other people is in town. I don't want to worry about other people being at the monstars that i have to kill, it all sounds too much like World of Warcraft. I just don't know. I'm probably going to buy it though...but still...

Puppy_Chow
Elite TrailBlazer
Elite TrailBlazer

Post by Puppy_Chow »

ya that is my prime concern next to the storyline. I think they want to be more like WOW even though there old ways have proven successfull.

My prediction is...its almost done

The story- Done
The Graphics/Maps- Done
The Quests-Almost done
Balancing-Not Done

I bet money on were gonna be seing a beta before the end of this year and a release date scheduled for Q2 of 2010 maybe even Q1

dahaka
Family Pet
Family Pet

Post by dahaka »

heh i was just excited to see they were still actually working on it, it was SUPPOSED to be released earlier this year, by the fact they JUST got the trailer (if you want to call it that) out with no real gameplay [scenery and characters standing is not gameplay in my book...i want to see MAJOR fights] in it, i'd say they have maybe 5-8 months left on it ( :x )

my basis is that they are still focusing on Aion (doesn't look that bad...except the $15 a month) which i think had lowered how much help gw2 was getting from NCsoft...and still is. i still think it might be a great game, the FAQ says that it will be a high cap lvl but will NOT be a grind fest (like 90% of ALL RPG games out there) which is fine by me. also i dont know where but i think i read that they are keeping the "meet in towns" idea from gw1 in gw2 (again i forgot where i read this) so i dont think that will be a problem

my hopes: (1) the game format [meet in town, individual areas with no sharing monsters, mission cities, dungeons] will stay (2) lvl cap is not under 100 and is not a grind fest from 20-100 (3) new/improved classes? [paragons are way too weak...but they could be much stronger] (4) teleport system stays and finally (5) pvp skills are SEPARATE [like it is now] to pve...so pvp players can whine but NOT mess with how the skills affect our playing...im kind of pissed off about 1 spell in particular...

I still have my hopes up :mrgreen:

Puppy_Chow
Elite TrailBlazer
Elite TrailBlazer

Post by Puppy_Chow »

1) theyve already said they got rid of it
2)No idea how far there raising it
3)My guess is the paragon along witha few classes might actually be removed for the initial release and we might also get new ones
4) even wiht the removal of 1 they said they are keeping this in the game dont as me i find that to be sketchy
5)they have already clarified that PVP and PVE in the new game are totally seperate so they dont ruin skills good in PVE

and i stick to my times after how long theyve been working on this.

Also keep in mind the beta was already ment to come out but they decided to delay it only because the general public is starting to see betas as demos and didnt want the public thinking it was a finished project so they waited to further the progess to get it closer to a finished project.

This being says you must find it funny because by the time the beta comes out the game will almost be done anyways wich means maybe a 3 month waiting period.

That is my own personal opinion from what ive read. Then again we are talking about arena net and NC soft so you cant be to sure....about anything

dahaka
Family Pet
Family Pet

Post by dahaka »

[quote="Puppy_Chow";p="2627"]
1) theyve already said they got rid of it
[/quote]
...damn...

well i still have my hopes up, besides, if it's not any good...my laptop probably wont support the game anyway, it barely supports gw1 :lol: ...plus my desktop is half way in the grave (it LOST my sound driver overnight, 1 night i listen to music on it, next day it says no sound driver installed...wtf)

Puppy_Chow
Elite TrailBlazer
Elite TrailBlazer

Post by Puppy_Chow »

that sux about the sound driver... but im with you though i will need to upgrade my computer for guild wars 2

Puppy_Chow
Elite TrailBlazer
Elite TrailBlazer

Post by Puppy_Chow »

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/uncer ... rs-2/59676

Brand new Guild Wars trailer I'd like to point out a few things.

During the Charr portion of the video they confirmed that Guns will be in this game.

During the Asuran portion they basically confirmed the Asuran can use Golems as "pets" because you can see them fighting alongside the asuran. Granted it would be lame if thats only for NPC's.

ShiningSquirrel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ShiningSquirrel »

Looks like it could be really good, but only time will tell.
ImageImage

dahaka
Family Pet
Family Pet

Post by dahaka »

well, this has made my feelings for gw2 go up a little, some actual gameplay footage is good. but as one of the comments mentioned it seems like they are "wowing" it up, i am just a little worried that each race will have specific classes others wont. as long as they dont do that i wont have too many problems with it. however i wish they talked a lil more about that new race...selphi or w/e it is...

g4 said they expect sales for gw2 to begin in...*gulp*...2011...thats just what i've heard, truth or fiction...i dunno

Puppy_Chow
Elite TrailBlazer
Elite TrailBlazer

Post by Puppy_Chow »

I actually disagree with you on the races having there own classes thing. As long as they dont go overboard I think its fine.

For instance the Golems have a class called Golem master that only Asurans can be.

Or a marksman that uses guns that only charr can be. Stuff like that but you start getting into more than one your going overboard and is not needed but one race specific class for each race would be cool.

dahaka
Family Pet
Family Pet

Post by dahaka »

[quote="Puppy_Chow";p="2648"]
I actually disagree with you on the races having there own classes thing. As long as they dont go overboard I think its fine.

For instance the Golems have a class called Golem master that only Asurans can be.

Or a marksman that uses guns that only charr can be. Stuff like that but you start getting into more than one your going overboard and is not needed but one race specific class for each race would be cool.
[/quote]
well, what i meant was: as long as the basic 10 classes ( + or - however many they add or subtract) from the original game are availible to all races and there is maybe 1 or 2 race specific classes, then ok, but i dont want it to be like wow in that asurans cant be warriors or charr cant be assassins or w/e. i agree with you on the idea of race specific classes, just as long as all races have the basics.

Puppy_Chow
Elite TrailBlazer
Elite TrailBlazer

Post by Puppy_Chow »

Oh ya thats what im hoping for to it would be so lame if like Norns cant be an elementalist.