How to tell if a skin/model will work online

Have a favorite map, mod skin, or mutator that you would like to see added to the server? Post a link here.

Moderator: ShiningSquirrel

ShiningSquirrel
Site Admin
Site Admin
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę

How to tell if a skin/model will work online

Post by ShiningSquirrel »

I am recieving a lot of requests to "test" models, I am sorry, but I really do not have the time to do this with each and everyone. It is just far to time consuming, especially in the multiskin packs.

If you want to see if the skin or model will work online, it is very easy for you to do.

1) Install the skin or model
2) Join a server running a team game like team deathmarch, onslaught or capture the flag.
3) Hit F4 on your keyboard. If you can see the skin or model, then it works.

The only caution here is make sure it has TEAM colors visible. If you are on the red team, it should appear red or have red high lites, same for blue. Test this by switching teams and see if the color changes.

There are several skins floating around out there that have BOTH team colors the same.
For instance, there is a Xan skin that is red, even if you are on the blue team. While it may work on line, it is an unfair advantage for you to use it and you SHOULD NOT use it in any team game.

Even after all this, you may still have problems however. The "Farnsworth" model for example, has team colors and shows up just fine online, unfortunetly you have no weapons when using it as it does not work correctly with all mutators on the HoloDeck server.

If you find a model you want, test it, and if it works post the link here for the other members to download.

1 last thing, it is NOT necessary to load a skin to the server in order for other players to see it. For another player to see your skin, they MUST have it installed on thier local machine. When I add a skin to the server, I simply copy the files over, run a qiuck command, then delete them again. This is not so players can see it, it's so you do not get kicked from the server for cheating because the server does not know what the skin files are.
ImageImage