Some Truth about Anet

Met a player in game who was a complete tard? Tell us about them here.

Moderator: ShiningSquirrel

Damitman911
The Game Master
The Game Master
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę

Some Truth about Anet

Post by Damitman911 »

I think we all know most of this already, but it's nice to know we are not alone. :wink: Man this guy is really angry! :wink:
http://arenanet.50megs.com/

freezing_demons
Family Pet
Family Pet

Re: Some Truth about Anet

Post by freezing_demons »

Dam? :shock: That was a vent! :? If Arena Net does go to a monthly fee (there have been roomers? sinus the first days of this game) I?m out!

Speaking from a PR/ Business point a view most of there stuff does have fees, this is a BIG turn off to most gamers because they see ?Pay to Play?. I would have Guild Wars be the free gate way (cough cough drug cough) in to all the game made by Arena Net. Having free 15 day trials of all the games and keeping them up dated shipped with Guild Wars. And reset after every major update, to see if the game interests you now.

Damitman911
The Game Master
The Game Master

Post by Damitman911 »

Yep internet Crack! :wink:
Or Intercrack, Crackiner, Sibercrack, infocrack. :lol:

Libra
Agro Master
Agro Master

Post by Libra »

Well that was quite the vent and some interesting insights into Arenanet. I still hope that they will keep the game free to play. As much as I enjoy Guild Wars; I am not sure that I would pay a monthly fee to play the game. I suppose it would depend on how much they would charge. JD has a subscription to Xbox Live, it is only 49.99 per year and that allows play for all Live enabled games

ShiningSquirrel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ShiningSquirrel »

I have seen this rumor before, several times.
Gail denys it, but what else would you expect her to say?
It just seems strange this keeps getting said by different people at different times, that useally means there may be some truth behind it.
I would not mind paying, if the fee where small enough and the content was vastly improved, but to pay for what we have now? I don't think I would want to either.
If I am going to pay for a game, it has to be really good. So far the only 1 I have found that I am willing to pay for is Auto Assault.
Dungeon and Drageons does look good, but I want to play with you guys, not by myself.
ImageImage

sql_parse
Mongrel
Mongrel

Post by sql_parse »

My thoughts ?.for what it?s worth

I?m with Libra I like playing the game (when I get a chance too) but I would most likely not pay to play unless it was a low enough fee (real low). If this happens it seems like the tactics of a drug pusher get everybody hooked then starts charging them for the product. I would think that if they did this it would hurt Area Net in the long run from a business standpoint because it will leave a sour taste in most gamer?s mouth for anything they put out in the future. I would also think that if it?s not a reasonable price you will see a dramatic drop in sales of the game as well as players. Let?s be realistic if they sold a million games that is about 30 million in revenue for Area Net. If it was a pay to play I would bet that the game would have sold only 10% to 20% of the originals sales. :cry:

Sounds like someone from Area Net needs a new house :lol:
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Take the Hecatomb™ TCG What Is Your Doom? quiz.

Click Here Visit My Picture Social