Have a question? Ask it here.

Moderator: ShiningSquirrel

crossfire1212
Noob
Noob
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę

The holodeck invasion server

Post by crossfire1212 »

Hey squirrel. I spoke to you earlier. I am DAMN!crossfire who earlier today played on your insta gib invasion server. First, I would like to say that this is one of my favorite servers of all time. I used to play it very long ago. Taxidriver, do you remember me, Damnitman? I may have gone by a different name but I highly doubt it. How are you guys doing. If you don't remember me, I remember you and I would like to say hi. It has been a while. On topic: The server is great. Squirrel knows how I got into it. Today I was looking for this server. I was on a quest to see if it still exists. And I found it. Not by the server browser, squirrel said he would try to fix it so it shows up on the browser. I would love it if people played with me..you guys and others. I'm sure the server would be an instantly popular one seeing as those two invasion servers(name escapes me) are going down. I used the ip address on this website to get into the server and start playing. No one entered while I was playing, just bots. I would like to point out one thing that happened to me. I played for about an hour and got from 99 the starting level to 270 think. lol. ( i love this server what can i say) Well, what happened is when I was playing, the game froze and left the game. When I came back it said I had to change my nickname..so i did. When I did, my character from when the game froze was just standing there and I was starting on lvl 99 again. I thought omg..I have to do it again no way. But then I restarted the game or something and it cleared the server I guess??. Yet I was still on lvl 99. SO I panicked and changed my nickname back to DAMN!crossfire and it worked and my level was back I was scared for a second there and though you might wanna know about a possible bug? It happed on the Nali redeemer craziness level just to tell you.

Also I have been dying to know this.

The queens and titans do not seem to die with the instagib rifle. Then a bot shoots it with an intagib and it dies? I can never kill one. My question is, do i need to put points on the more damage option in rpg to kill them in one hit? I though it was intagib..you know so 1 hit kill but not for these guys. Thanks GDz...and hey what would it take to become a part of your clan. I'm not asking t just be a part of it like that. I just thought it would be cool since I share the love for invasion that you do. You don't have to let me in. Just asking.
Last edited by crossfire1212 on Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShiningSquirrel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ShiningSquirrel »

Hey Crossfire.
Welcome back to the sever and thanks for the kind words. We have been having a problem with our servers showing up in the browser due to what they call the "nat bug", many other servers suffer from it, and unfortunetly there is not much to do once your hit with it, but that wont stop me from trying.

The name change issue with the server has always been there. If the server locks or has any issues, you get disconnected but the server still thinks your connected, so when you try to get back in, it asks you to change your name because you can only have a single player with the same name on at a single time. Useally, what you can do is disconnect and try to connect again. The server has the options that when you reconnect it should restore your score for you.

As to the queens and titans, you got it right. You need more points in damage. The bots have a higher level so they can take them out with a single shot. Once you get your level up, you should be able to take them out also.
ImageImage

Puppy_Chow
Elite TrailBlazer
Elite TrailBlazer

Re: The holodeck invasion server

Post by Puppy_Chow »

Hey crossfire i dont think we met before so this is my official welcome to the forums. welcome! lol anyways il start joining on the UT server cant promise much tho as a few of the members say im really bad and staying with a game =P but il try getting back on i havent played in awhile anyways.

crossfire1212
Noob
Noob

Post by crossfire1212 »

Thanks for responding guys. Man, that nat bug sounds bad. I wonder why epic hasn't tried to fix it? Or is it a bug that happens to every online game? And thanks for telling me that I need more damage. I just couldn't figure out why they would not die. Well, Puppy chow thanks for welcoming me. If you play with me, I would really appreciate it. The servers great..but I have to admit that it is much more fun with actual people playing with you.

About the server. Is there anyway to kind of reset the server or something? or is it something more complicated then that?

crossfire1212
Noob
Noob

Post by crossfire1212 »

ok pardon me if I'm wrong, but today, I think the server was actually on the browser! Lildamit man was playing with me when I made my game crash by playing on that small box level and using a vortex. But I could have sworn people I have never heard of were int he server. Maybe lildamitman knows since I did not see him again after to ask him. The only problem is that when I tried to join the server on the browser..the ping says N/A and I can't seem to join. I can only join from the favorite servers tab and it does display the ping there. I don't know what you did squirrel but it may have worked.. I'm going on right now to check to see if it is still on the browser

Damitman911
The Game Master
The Game Master

Post by Damitman911 »

SS I need your help!
The Frag House server lets me load it but I can't join it just sits there and says waiting on player.
The death match sever will not load it just sits there on the F10 screen or says the server is now full.
The Holo Deck is fine.

Thanks!

ShiningSquirrel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ShiningSquirrel »

[quote="Damitman911";p="2543"]SS I need your help!
The Frag House server lets me load it but I can't join it just sits there and says waiting on player.
The death match sever will not load it just sits there on the F10 screen or says the server is now full.
The Holo Deck is fine.

Thanks![/quote]

I rebooted all the servers, but it looks like the redirects are bouncing so you may have problems downloading the maps and textures, etc.
ImageImage

Damitman911
The Game Master
The Game Master

Post by Damitman911 »

Thanks! I will empty my cach.